Directly supervise and stabilize substance abuse clients in the detox unit and report to the Registered Nurse. Clients are under medically managed care and have a treatment stay of up to 10 days depending on the withdrawal protocol and/or doctor recommendation. Be under the direct supervision of Director of Nursing or designee.
- Facilitate focal group discussion sessions, including Step 1 of the 12 steps.
- Attend all scheduled meetings of staff.
- Report any concerns and/or client behavior to the appropriate staff member (i.e. Registered Nurse, Clinician, Supervisor, House Manager).
- Oversee the cleanliness of the units, including room cleaning upon discharge of client and ensure the proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Serve as a member of the assigned team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
- Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the professional Code of Conduct, HIPAA and within the framework of the law.
- Deliver exceptional client service consistently to every client.
- Serve as a role model and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing the agency.
- Assume other related responsibilities as delegated by management.
- Work as a team player with staff members.
- Follow direction of the Registered Nurse within the unit.
- This position is per diem.
- Work hours prescribed and any additional hours-deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned. Overtime may be required.
- Supervise and manage the behavior of the residents and provide appropriate behavioral interventions.
- Implement therapeutic activities and facilitate development of independent living skills.
- Consult with other staff members and plan daily therapeutic direction for designated shift.
- High school diploma.
- Educated in behavioral management techniques.
- CPR training or complete within three months.