Everyone is different. Therefore, everyone with an addiction has different needs. This should be taken into consideration for treatment, as well as when it comes to deciding on sober living in New Jersey.
Sober living homes cater to different needs and can have varying levels of support. Some are firmer in their expectations and encouragement. Others simply offer a safe and sober place to stay in while you find your footing outside of rehab. Understanding your addiction and knowing what you need in order to overcome it will help you pick the right sober living home for successful long-term recovery. Once you know what you need, ask these questions to the find the right home.
16 Questions to See if a Sober Living Home is Right for You
- How many residents are able to stay in the house at one time?
- Is there staff on-site 24 hours a day?
- What sort of responsibilities will be required of me?
- Do I have to have a job or go to school?
- What is the process for dealing with resident requests?
- How active do I have to be with addiction or mental health treatment?
- Is attending a certain number of therapy sessions or meetings mandatory?
- Are there meetings and therapy options available at the home?
- Are there mandatory drug tests for staying in the home?
- Is there any type of mandatory house meeting?
- Is there any sort of mediation available for conflicts between residents?
- Are there rules for visitation?
- Will I be able to have friends and family stay with me?
- What is the length of time I should expect to stay in the sober living home?
- How is it decided when I should move out?
- Is there any further aftercare for residents once they move out?
Sober Living in New Jersey Helps Your Recovery
If you are searching for the right sober living home, the Discovery Institute can help. With Discovery, men can secure employment, become a productive member of society, and foster a strong foundation for recovery while staying in our 16-bed halfway house. For a safe, sober environment, contact Discovery today.