Addiction Treatment at Discovery
The residential rehab program at Discovery Institute gives our clients the opportunity to leave the “real” world behind and focus on nothing but themselves for the length of their stay with us. Residential rehab means that the clients stay on our property for the duration of addiction treatment, including overnight. Many consider this the best route for patients early in addiction treatment to achieve meaningful recovery. Staying in a residential treatment program enables patients to focus wholly on recovery, in a supportive environment, surrounded by people with similar goals.
There are many benefits to residential addiction treatment, aside from the fact that patients can completely let go of their day-to-day worries and focus on themselves. These benefits include:
- Residential rehab provides 24/7 support for your addiction issues. If you need a nurse or tech at 2am, you can find one. It is an incredibly supportive environment for you to detox and re-learn how to live drug and alcohol free.
- Continuity of care. Staying in a facility from detox through residential care ensures that all of your treatment care professionals are collaborating with each other and on the same page regarding your treatment plan. This allows for the creation and completion of a comprehensive, effective plan of treatment.
- It is the safest place to be if you are having thoughts of using. With the 24/7 support offered, there is always someone to talk to if you feel an urge to drink or use drugs. Between peers and our specially trained, dedicated staff, you will always have someone to turn to. This is a huge benefit of residential rehab, because when outpatient clients go home at night, there are many areas that test your ability to maintain your recovery and can cause patients to fall short of completing the program.
- You are among your peers. Learning that you are not alone in your drug and/or alcohol addiction can help you gain more confidence. You will be around people going through similar struggles and you can learn to rely on one another for support.
- You are away from triggers and temptation. Residential rehab means you are isolated from your day-to-day life, and away from people, places, and things that may tempt you to get high or drunk. This complete removal of yourself from your normal life allows you to focus on yourself in the safest place possible.
- You are out of your comfort zone, which promotes growth. If you do as you have always done, you will get the same results. If you have tried to sober up on your own, or in an outpatient program without success, you should consider residential rehab.
- Immersion in a recovery-oriented environment. In residential rehab, the main focus is recovery from alcohol and drugs. Without having to worry about outside stressors, such as work, patients can truly focus all of their energy on building a foundation of recovery from substance dependence.
We believe that the more time you can commit to your recovery, especially in the beginning, the better chances you have at staying sober. The residential addiction treatment program at Discovery is a great place to start. We specialize in providing addicts and alcoholics with the coping skills and tools necessary to live a life free from drugs and alcohol.
What to Expect from Residential Drug Rehab
Patients who enter our residential drug rehab at the Discovery Institute of New Jersey will first complete a detoxification process to ensure that their body and mind are clear of all mood or mind-altering substances. All clients will undergo a thorough assessment that will include medical history, substance use history and patterns, mental health, physical condition, and treatment goals. Our counselors and staff will use this assessment to create an individualized treatment plan for the patient. Residents of our program will be settled into their living quarters and will have an opportunity to meet their fellow patients. Following this, treatment will begin.
Treatment at Discovery is holistic in nature, meaning that we aim to promote the wellbeing of our clients physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. To foster this, we offer a variety of treatment methods to our patients. This includes several methods of therapy, such as dialectical behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and group dynamic therapy. Patients will participate in regular group therapy sessions as well as regular individual therapy sessions with their primary counselor. In these sessions, counselors will address many topics in order to help addicts and alcoholics build strong foundations of recovery, including trauma, family history of substance use, work and employment concerns, interpersonal relationships, personal goals and ambitions, and coping skills.
Patients are also assigned and encouraged to complete treatment work, such as journaling moods or creating lists of effective coping skills to use when presented with a trigger. We also offer alternative and holistic treatment methods, such as nutrition counseling, physical exercise options, and yoga. Many of our clients find that beginning to develop a routine to care for their physical health has many benefits for their mental health as well. Yoga, for example, is instrumental in helping clients to achieve balance, inner peace, and to practice quieting the mind as a meditative practice. Our primary treatment goal for our patients is to help them to develop a routine and a lifestyle that is healthy and fulfilling without the use of substances like drugs and alcohol.
Why Choose Discovery?
The Discovery Institute of New Jersey has a history of providing high-quality treatment for substance dependence. Rather than just treating the symptoms of drug use, we aim to help our patients achieve well-being at every level: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. In our supportive residential treatment environment, patients have access to time-tested, evidence-based treatment methods as well as holistic practice that address every aspect of their health. Patients will co-occurring disorders also receive appropriate treatment from our specialized staff, who are trained in addressing mental health disorders that occur alongside substance use disorders. Every patient at Discovery is treated with dignity and compassion, and every member of our staff- from intake coordinators to counselors- strives daily to support patients in achieving long-term recovery from drugs and alcohol.