Addiction Treatment at Discovery
The residential rehab program at here Discovery Institute gives our clients the opportunity to leave the “real” world behind and focus on nothing but themselves for the length of their stay with us. Residential rehab means that the clients stay on our property for the duration of addiction treatment, including overnight. Many consider this the best route for patients early in addiction treatment to achieve meaningful recovery. Staying in a residential treatment program enables patients to focus wholly on recovery, in a supportive environment, surrounded by people with similar goals.
There are many benefits to residential addiction treatment, aside from the fact that patients can completely let go of their day-to-day worries and focus on themselves. These benefits include:
- Residential rehab provides 24/7 support for your addiction issues. If you need a nurse or tech at 2am, you can find one. It is an incredibly supportive environment for you to detox and re-learn how to live free from drugs and alcohol.
- Continuity of care. Staying in a detox facility through residential care ensures that all of your treatment care professionals are collaborating with each other and on the same page regarding your treatment plan. This allows for the creation and completion of a comprehensive, effective plan of treatment.
- It is the safest place to be if you are having thoughts of using. With the 24/7 support offered, there is always someone to talk to if you feel an urge to drink or use drugs. Between peers and our specially trained, dedicated staff, you will always have someone to turn to. This is a huge benefit of residential rehab because when outpatient clients go home at night, there are many areas that test their ability to maintain their recovery. This can cause patients to fall short of completing the program.
- You are among your peers. Learning that you are not alone in your drug and/or alcohol addiction can help you gain more confidence. You will be around people who are going through similar struggles and you can learn to rely on one another for support.
- You are away from triggers and temptation. Residential rehab means you are isolated from your day-to-day life, and away from the people, places, and things that may tempt you to get high or drunk. This complete removal of yourself from your normal life allows you to focus on yourself in the safest place possible.
- You are out of your comfort zone, which promotes growth. If you do as you have always done, you will get the same results. If you have tried to sober up on your own, or in an outpatient program without success, you should consider residential rehab.
- Immersion in a recovery-oriented environment. In residential rehab, the main focus is recovery from alcohol and drugs. Without having to worry about outside stressors, such as work, patients can truly focus all of their energy on building a foundation for recovery from substance dependence.
We believe that the more time you can commit to your recovery, especially in the beginning, the better your chances are of staying sober. The residential addiction treatment program at Discovery is a great place to start. We specialize in providing addicts and alcoholics with the coping skills and tools necessary to live a life free from drugs and alcohol.
What to Expect from Residential Drug Rehab for Drugs and Alcohol
Patients who enter our residential drug rehab at the Discovery Institute of New Jersey will first complete a detoxification process to ensure that their bodies and minds are clear of all mood or mind-altering substances. All clients will undergo a thorough assessment that will include medical history, substance use history and patterns, mental health, physical condition, and treatment goals. Our counselors and staff will use this assessment to create an individualized treatment plan for the patient. Residents of our program will be settled into their living quarters and will have an opportunity to meet their fellow patients. Following this, treatment will begin.
Treatment at Discovery is holistic in nature, meaning that we aim to promote the wellbeing of our clients physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. To foster this, we offer a variety of treatment methods to our patients. This includes several methods of therapy, such as dialectical behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and group dynamic therapy. Patients will participate in regular group therapy sessions as well as regular individual therapy sessions with their primary counselor. In these sessions, counselors will address many topics in order to help addicts and alcoholics build strong foundations of recovery, including trauma, family history of substance use, work and employment concerns, interpersonal relationships, personal goals and ambitions, and coping skills.
Patients are also assigned and encouraged to complete treatment work, such as journaling moods or creating lists of effective coping skills to use when presented with a trigger. We also offer alternative and holistic treatment methods, such as nutrition counseling, physical exercise options, and yoga. Many of our clients find that beginning to develop a routine to care for their physical health has many benefits for their mental health as well. Yoga, for example, is instrumental in helping clients to achieve balance, inner peace, and to practice quieting the mind as a meditative practice. Our primary treatment goal for our patients is to help them to develop a routine and a lifestyle that is healthy and fulfilling without the use of substances like drugs and alcohol.
Why Choose Discovery?
The Discovery Institute of New Jersey has a history of providing high-quality treatment for substance dependence. Rather than just treating the symptoms of drug use, we aim to help our patients achieve well-being at every level: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. In our supportive residential treatment environment, patients have access to time-tested, evidence-based treatment methods as well as holistic practices that address every aspect of their health. Patients with co-occurring disorders also receive appropriate treatment from our specialized staff members, who are trained in addressing mental health disorders that occur alongside substance use disorders. Every patient at Discovery is treated with dignity and compassion, and every member of our staff — from intake coordinators to counselors — strives daily to support patients in achievinglong-term recovery from drugs and alcohol.
Here at Discovery Institute, we understand that each of our patients is different. We know that you have a story of your own, filled with highs and lows, happiness and pain, fear and courage. Our mission to bring out the best in you and help you find your way to a life that is full, peaceful, and free of the pain that comes with addiction.
Many times, people who are suffering from addiction struggle with intense feelings of guilt and shame. They may feel guilty for the pain that their addiction has caused them and their families. Some feel guilty because addiction prevented them from being there for their children, parents, spouse, or siblings. Many individuals feel ashamed of their drug or alcohol use problems, feeling as though others blame or judge them. People who are struggling with alcoholism or drug addiction problems often have difficulty acknowledging and moving past their mistakes.
These emotions can prevent people from getting the help they need. Sometimes, people who experience these feelings and thoughts feel as if they’re not worthy of getting treatment. They think that they don’t deserve to live a life that is full of happiness because of all the sadness their addiction problems have caused. As a result, many individuals avoid reaching out for help.
Maybe you’ve been feeling guilty or ashamed. Perhaps you’ve been thinking that treatment isn’t something you deserve. These emotions may have left you feeling hopeless and alone. But, the good news is that you are not alone. No matter how long you’ve been suffering from substance abuse and addiction, there is hope for you. You can overcome addiction and stay free from it. All you have to do is reach out to us here at Discovery Institute today.
Rehab for drugs and alcohol is more than just a detox process to help end substance use. Although the detoxification process is absolutely necessary in order to recover from addiction, it’s not the only important element in rehab for drugs.
Recovery is an ongoing process. It doesn’t end when treatment is over. The journey to recovery is one that continues throughout the lives of those who are working to overcome substance abuse. In fact, the purpose of treatment is to help individuals continue to overcome the effects of addiction every single day.
So, while it’s important for individuals to first detox from substance abuse, it’s also best to learn more from the treatment process. When people go through professional treatment programs, they should also work to develop skills that will help them to avoid going back to a life of addiction when treatment is over. Relapse prevention skills are critical elements of successful addiction recovery.
At Discovery Institute, we use various therapy methods and treatment approaches that help individuals to gain the skills they need in order to continuously avoid relapse and pursue a life of freedom.
We know that there will be challenges along the way. But, we are dedicated to walking with you as you move toward an addiction-free life. So, if you’re ready to find the freedom you truly deserve by getting rehab for drug and alcohol use, just contact us today by calling (844) 433-1101!