You have found the best New Jersey rehab and you’re almost ready to go. You have mentally prepared and have all of your affairs in order for your time away. Then, you realize you haven’t packed. Don’t worry, we have some insight on some items to consider when getting ready for rehab.
When it comes to what you should bring to drug and alcohol inpatient rehab, most facilities have a list of specifics. However, there are some items that prohibited from almost everywhere.
What Not to Bring to Rehab
Rehab is about getting better and focusing on recovery, so there are some things that are harmless at home but can cause a distraction in rehab. While each rehab center will vary in what it allows, this is what you can almost always expect to be banned:
- Cosmetics or cleaning supplies with alcohol – this includes nail polish and nail polish remover.
- Electronic cigarettes
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Pornographic material
- Food and drinks
The Maybe List
Some rehabs allow these items, and others don’t. Here’s what you’ll want to ask about:
- Computers and cell phones – Many rehab centers will ban or restrict personal computers and cell phones. Others will let you bring them, but only use them during certain time periods.
- Tobacco – If you’re not ready to quit smoking, some facilities will let you continue smoking outdoors, or at designated times and places.
- Bedding – Want to feel more at home? Many rehab centers will let you bring your bedding or at least a pillow or blanket.
- Electronics such as a CD or mp3 player
- Disposable razors and nail clippers – Usually, rehab clinics will allow these, but only if you check them out for your shower and return them directly after.
Looking for the Best New Jersey Rehab?
Staying in a residential treatment program enables patients to focus wholly on recovery, in a supportive environment, surrounded by people with similar goals. The residential rehab program at Discovery Institute gives our clients the opportunity to leave the “real” world behind and focus on nothing but themselves for the length of their stay with us. We treat every patient with dignity and compassion, and every member of our staff strives to support patients in achieving long-term recovery from drugs and alcohol. Contact us today to start your journey to recovery with best New Jersey rehab.