Realizing your spouse is an alcoholic may be an overwhelming truth you would rather avoid. However, living with an alcoholic can be disconcerting if they are not being treated at an alcohol rehab in NJ.
Does My Spouse Need to Go to an Alcohol Rehab in NJ?
Consider the following questions as you reflect on your spouse’s behavior, and know that if you love an alcoholic, there is help available.
- Does drinking or being hungover interfere with daily activities?
- Do they have a hard time stopping after they start drinking?
- Do they take longer to feel the effects of alcohol when drinking the same amount as other people?
- Do they overreact to simple requests that change their routines?
- Do they get mad or upset when alcohol isn’t available at home?
- Are they hiding their drinking or the amount they drink?
- Do they feel ashamed or guilty about their drinking?
- Does your loved one skip activities they enjoy in order to drink instead?
- Are there legal problems due to drinking?
- Do they insist on always doing something just to get away?
- Is there time missing time or money in their recollection of events to you?
- If they have a drink, can they walk away from hit half-finished?
- Do they black out or forget what they did when they were drinking?
- If you answered ‘yes’ to most or even some of these questions, your loved one may be in need of alcohol rehab in NJ. If they will not seek help, you can learn ways to cope with the problem until they are ready.
Alcohol Rehab in NJ Can Help
Having a loved one suffering from addiction is devastating and heartbreaking. At Discovery Institute, our mission is to give people the tools they need to heal and begin a sober lifestyle. We know that every client is different, so we approach their care personally to best address their needs. Contact the Discovery Institute today to discuss intervention methods and getting your loved one into treatment.